Tuesday, 4 October 2011
Friday, 9 September 2011
Monday, 6 June 2011
Happy DragonBoat Festival to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! Again, we celebrate 端午节 again. Here you are my first time kee chang- alkaline dumpling and my 5th edition of bak chang. Today is DuanWu Festival ( DragonBoat Festival) according to 5th of fifth lunar calender. There is a lots of types rice dumpling which northen rice dumpling usually in longer shape and be steamed. Southern rice dumplings are usually wrapped in triangle shape or pillow-shaped in hong kong. There are sweetend rice dumpling, savoury rice dumpling, alkaline rice dumpling, nyonya rice dumpling, hakka dumpling (glutinous rice flour paste with preserved radish and meat filling) etc. I have been craving kee chang for more than 10 years, this year I finally made it. Eventhough I haven't use borax but I stuffed it tightly-not losely and it come out chewy and nice. Happy with the result and dipped with palm sugar syrup.Yummy.....
Source for kee chang (Alkaline Rice Dumpling) : Kuali, Eupho Cafe
500g glutinous rice ( soak overnight and drained)
3 tsp alkaline water - lye water - kan sui
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp yellow colouring
water to boil
bamboo leaves, strings ( washed, soaked overnight)
1. Mix drained soaked glutinous rice with alkaline water, clouring and oil. Leave for 1 hour.
2. Fold 2 bamboo leaves into cone shape and filled with marinated glutinous rice. Wrap tightly and bind it with sting.
3. Boiled for 2 hours and served! Bon Appetite!!!!!!
1. I didn't used borax as it's harmful to our health. I recognise that without using borax but wrap kee chang tightly will bring you the same texture.
2. I did wrap tightly my alkaline dumpling beacause it taste likes traditionale one with chewy bite. If you prefer soft kee chang, please bind it loosely.
3. I served it with palm sugar syrup ( cook palm sugar + water + pandan leaves till thick )
4. Please wear hand cloves to mix you alkaline water with glutinous rice.
5. Good Luck !!!!!!!!!!
Friday, 6 May 2011
Tuesday, 3 May 2011
Peking Duck is a world wide famous roasted duck which you can order it in chinese restaurant. It can be eaten by 3 ways --- First - Sliced thinly the crispy roasted duck and eaten with mandarin pancakes, hoisin sauce, juliened cucumber and scallions.
Second - The rest of the duck meat would be stir fry with some preserved vegetable. Third - the bones would be cooked for soup.
苍蝇头 - Stir fry "Flies Head" is a populair sichuan and taiwanese dish. It is stir fry chive in sichuan style. It named to be 'flies head'because it has been dice and seem likes flies head. HAhhahah... funny but tasty!
Kısır is a popular, modern and traditional Turkish salad - side dish made from fine bulgur, parsley, and tomato paste. The main ingredient --- bulgur, is a cereal food generally made from parboiled finely grounded durum wheat (don't confuse with couscous). It is also includes parsley,mint, tomato paste, onion, garlic (in some regions), sour pomegranate juice (in southern regions of Turkey) or lemon, lettuce leaves, cucumber, and spices likes black pepper, cumin, paprika powder. It has a reddish color due to tomato paste and paprika puree or paprika powder. It can be eaten cold or as a side dish. We love kisir a lots and it is easy to prepare by yourself too!