Source: Yochana, Jia Lei, Amy Beh
175g castor sugar
1 tsp Ovalette
225g cake flour, sifted
60g melted butter or corn oil
50ml cold water
1. Line two 20cm round cake pans with non stick parchment paper. Preheat oven to 180 degree celcious.
2. Whisk eggs, sugar and ovallette in a large mixing bowl fitted with an electric mixer till pale and stiff.
3. Gently fold in sifted flour, stir in water carefully then gently combine melted butter.pour batter into linedpan.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until done..
1. Ovallette, SP is sponge cake emulsifier or cake stabilizer. You may omit it but it takes times to beat eggs and your cake is not as soft as you wished.
2. Fold in your flour, oil and water but not mix it with your mixer.
3. When you bake, make sure all your ingredients are in room temperature unless your recipes called for cooled egg or milk.