Steamed Mini Green Peas Cake is very soft, moist, tasty and very very similiar to restaurant's mah lai koh酒樓馬拉糕 which we taste in rotterdam dim sum restaurant. I bought these moulds when I was in holiday during summer break and this recipe I found from a cookbooks which my sis gave to me. It is so surprised me and kids which this cake same taste and texture if compare with the resaturant's mah lai koh. Hope you will likes it too.
Source: Streetfood cookbooks
50g green peas flour (hun kwee hun)
1tbsp custard powder
2tsp baking powder
3 big eggs
1tsp cake stabilizer - SP, Ovallette or quick 75
120ml melted butter
1. Sift ingredients (A) for at least 3 times. Set aside.
2. Beat eggs, sugar and cake stabilizer with mixer will very creamy, foamy and light.
3. Slowly fold in vanilla essence, water and melted butter and mix well. Then slowly fold in sifted flours (1) till corporated but not overmix.
4. Pour into moulds and steam over high heat for 20-30 minutes or till done.
1. In step 2, it takes about 10-15 minutes if using electric mixer. You may see the batter will not sink easily after you write a 8. This helps you to know the batter is done.
2. Melted butter and water should be warm and not cold or too hot.
3. You may steam it in a big cake pan for longer time.