Source: Amy Beh, Lily Wai Sek Hong, Jo's Deli And Bakery
500g pork (pork loin or tenderloin)
2tbsp soy bean paste (tau cheon)
2tbsp hoisin sauce
5-8 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1tbsp rice wine
1. Marinade the pork with all of the ingredients for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight.
2. Roast the pork on a rack in preheat oven at 220 degree celcious for 10minutes, turn the pork and bake for another 10 minutes. Repeat till cooked. Basting the pork with marinate for every 10 minutes while you turn the pork to another side.
1. In stead of baking, you can cook it in a pan over low heat till all the sauce is thicken.
2. I avoid red colouring, that why it is in black colour.
3. Most os chinese use pork belly to make char siew but I choosed pork tenderloin cause I hate fatty pork and it is healthier.
4. You can freezed it in fridge and just reheat it before you eat.