I love this cake since i was a girl,i hope i can bake it when i grow up.Yes i did, and you can do it too.It is different with sponge cake cause sponge cake has no oil at all while chiffon cake has a bit-----that's why it taste better than sponge cake.
Source: Little Corner Of Mine,
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
1 Tbp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
6 egg yolks
3/4 cup coconut milk
1 tsp. pandan paste
6 egg whites
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar or white vinegar/lemon juice
3/4 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 175 degree celcious.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. In a bowl, combine egg yolks, oil, coconut milk and pandan paste till well mixed, add in flour, baking powder, salt and sugar, beat till smooth.
3. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until moist peaks formed. Gradually add 3/4 cup sugar, beating until stiff and shiny peaks are formed. Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the egg yolks mixture, fold to mix and then add the rest of the egg whites. Fold gently, pour into ungreased pan and bake for 1 hour or till done. Invert immediately after done. .
1. if you don't have cream of tartar,just add same amounts lemon juice or vinegar into egg whites.
2. the reason to add cream of tartar or vinegar or lemon juice into egg whites is to reduce the failure % to get a collapsing egg whites.