This is a old-fashioned home style cake which best serve with a cup of tea or coffee. I used strawberry paste in stead of food colouring for more fragnant, you may use a few red colouring in stead of strawberry paste.
Source: Seadragon, Lily Wai Sek Hong
125g butter (soften)
1tsp vanilla extract
225g self-raising flour
For chocolate batter:
1tbsp cacao powder
1tbsp hot water
For strawberry batter:
1tsp strawberry paste, adjust the colouring as desired
1. Preheat oven 180 degree celcious, greased the spring form ( I used 20cm).
2. Cream butter and sugar to pale and creammy, add in vanila and mix well.
3. Beat in eggs one a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Fold in half portion of flour and then half of milk, repeat till done.
5. Divided the batter to 3 portions, one for plain, one for chocolate batter and one for strawberry batter. Mix well.
6. Scoop out the plain batter, then follow by chocolate batter and then strawberry batter. Repeat till finish.
7. Bake 45 minutes. Done.
1. Do not overmix the better after fold in flour, you may get hard cake. Use cake flour if you prefer soft cake.
2. If you replace milk with soy bean milk, you can use margerine in stead of butter too.
3. You must cream the soft butter to creammy and pale form before adding vanilla essence and eggs.
4. All ingredients suppose in room temperature before baking.