伦教糕 or 白糖糕 is white sugar sponge cake (also called white sugar cake and white sugar pastry) or called as Pak Thong Koh in cantonese. When I made this cake, it seem to be very less liquid, so I added more water in the batter. The result is my bak thong koh is too soft. If you made it, follow this recipes without any addition of water for a spongy texture. Anyway, my bak thong koh is tasty, next time will follow the recipes!!!!
50ml rice flour
50ml tepid water(lukewarm water)
1tsp dry instant yeast
150ml rice flour
pinch of salt
1. Combine A(sponge dough) and let it prove for an hour.
2. In the meantime, place rice flour in a big mixing bowl, bring water,sugar and salt to boil till sugar is dissolved. Pour it into rice flour, stirring to mix well. Let it cool completely.
3. Add main dough to sponge dough and mix well. Let it proof till the surface is full of tiny bubbles with sweet yeasty smell. If you smell strong sourish smell, steam immediately.
4. Lightly oil the 20cm mould, pour in batter and steam for 25 minutes over high heat.
1. Cover the lid with clothes to prevent water dripping down, you must steam it over roaring boiling water.
2. Don't add more water or you may get soft texture likes me.