Wednesday 2 January 2008

My first homemade birthday cake 自製生日蛋糕



I always dream to make my own birthday cake, this year I make it myself in stead order from bakery. OOoo... pity enough, my birthday is during christmas eve. When I went to supermarket to buy whipping cream to decorate my cake, there is no more whipping cream,...... oh no what to do?! I decorated it with simple glaze. It is not beautiful cake but my kids likes it so much.

Source: YTower, Myself

Ingredients:
(a)4 egg yolks
60g milk
60g oil
60g sugar
some vanilla essence/extract/vanilin
a pinch of salt
(b)120g cake flour
3g baking powder
(c)4 egg whites
2g cream of tartar
70g sugar

Methods:
1. Sift (b) for 3 times.
2. whisk egg yolks with sugar using hand till dissolved. Add in oil and vanilla essence, mix well.
3. In another clean, dry bowl. Using electric mixer, beat egg whites with cream of tartar, add in sugar in 3 times and beat till stiff stage.
4. Fold in 1/3 of egg whites into yolk batter, mix well. Pour it into the rest of egg whites and folf in gently.
5. Bake in preheat oven 175 degree celcious for 35 minutes or till done. Invert immediately after out of oven.
6. Decorate the cake as you wish after the cake is completely cooled.

Notes:
1. Invert the cake is to prevent shrinking.
2. If you don't have cream of tartar , replace it with 1tsp vinegar or lemon juice to reduce the ph and can beat the egg whites easily.
3. This is a recipes of chiffon cake, it is soft and moist.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

QQ red apple said...

hi crescenet,
thanks for compliments, I appreciated it very much. I did visit your site, very interesting. I would like to join too but I can't understand the site - language. I just can read chinese, dutch, english and malays. Anyway, thanks... and succes to your site.