Wednesday, 2 January 2008
Mah Dou Koh 椰汁馬豆糕
Mah Dou Koh 椰汁馬豆糕 is a very famous and common dessert for cantonese which you can find it at any chinese restaurant. It is simple, delicious, sweet and tasty, but it is very easy to do too. Normally, chinese will make it during new year. Hope you will like it too.
Source: Yee's Kitchen, Mrs. Choi,
100g yellow split peas (soak overnight)
165g evaporate milk
150-200g sugar (original recipe is 300g)
400ml coconut milk
5 cups water
1. Cook yellow splits peas till soft, drain.
2. Combined cornstarch and coconut milk and evaporated milk.
3. Boil water and sugar till dissolved, slowly pour in (2) and stir constantly till thick and then mix in cooked yellow split peas. Remove from heat.
4. Pour into mould and when it come to room tempreture, chilled it in refrigerator for hours before served.
1. The reason to soak the peas is to get the right texture---- soft but unbroken.
2. It is still sweet to me, please adjust the sweetness.