Friday, 1 February 2008
Kibbeling is a common snack for dutch peoples wnich you can buy it anytime and anywhere. Kibbeling is actually crispy fried cod fish and dutch likes to serve it with augurks (pickle gherkin) and mayonaise or other sauce.
Source: A dutch friend, Amy Beh
1kg cod fish filets (any kind of white fish also can)
6 tbsp plain flour
6 tbsp cornflour
2 tsp rice flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp oil
240ml or enough water/ milk
Fish marinate (ready in supermarket)
1. Cut fish into3cmx3cm or bigger. Marinated with some fish marinate.
2. Prepare batter, combine all and leave aside for at 10-15 minutes.
3. Heat oil, dip the fish into the batter and fry the fish till golden crispy crust.
4. Served with sauce as wished.
1. You can omit the fish marinate and just season it with salt and pepper.
2. The oil should be around 180 degree celcious.