Sunday, 2 March 2008
Banana, I hate banana and never eat it but I love banana cake and it's smell. I don't know why so many peoples gave me bananas last week. This recipe is actually banana cake but I bake it into muffin size and I rename it as banan muffin. It is very soft, fluffy and really tatsy.
Source: Baking mum, Yochana
2 nos eggs (slightly beaten)
250g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
220g very ripe bananas - mashed
50g evaporated milk
1/2 tsp banana or vanilla essence
2 bananas - slice
1. Cream butter and sugar till light and creamy. Add in egg once a time and beat the batter till creamy.
2. Add in milk, mashed banana and essence and mix well.
3. Sift all the dry ingredients and fold into th batter.
4. Pour into paper cups or pan, decorate with some sliced bananas.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 175 degree celcious for 20 minutes or till done.
1. If your bananas are very ripe, you will get really nice banana cake.
2. The key to get fluffy and soft banana cake is in step 1, you must cream your butter and sugar till very light, pale and creamy before adding egg. Fold your flour and never beat it---- overmix will causing tough cake.