Sunday, 2 March 2008
Taiwanese Beef Pie 牛肉餡餅
This is a common street food that you can find in taiwan, it is a half fermented bread that filled with minced beef and some scallion (spring onions) and some seasoning. Easy, simple and tasty. But, becareful when you eat it cause it has a lots juices and it is very hot!!!!!
Source: Eupho Cafe, YTower
1/8 tsp icing sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp yeast
1 tbsp oil
360g minced beef
1 tsp pepper
50g chopped spring onions
2 tbsp light soya sauce
1. Combine the minced beef with seasoning, beat the meat till dry and ealstic. Keep aside.
2. Dissolved yeast into water, in a big bowl, combine flour, salt and sugar. Pour in the yeast liquid and knead to form a dough, add in oil and knead till smooth. Cover the dough and let it prove for about 20 minutes in a warm place. Test the dough after 20 minutes, if the dough is done, you will see a hole after you press it with a finger. If not, prove it again for another 10 minutes.
3. Divided the dough into 16 small balls (about 30g each), wrap the filling and slightly flat.
4. Pan- fry it over low heat for about 15 minutes or till done.
1. I didn't use oil to pan-fry it, but you may pan fry it with some oil.