Thursday, 3 July 2008
Pandan Chiffon Cake 班蘭 雪芳蛋糕 - Part 3
Pandan Chiffon Cake.... is always welcome by us cause it was so moist, soft, and fragnant. It is easy to make it by yourself if you beat the egg whites correctly. Yes, kids again... begging me to bake it again. And this time I used Florence's recipes... hope you will like it too.
Source: Do what I Like
90g coconut milk
90g self-raising flour
4 egg whites
1/2tsp cream of tartar or 1/2 tsp vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
1tsp pandan paste
1. Beat yolks with 60g sugar till dissolved, add in coconut milk and mix well. Fold in sifted flour and mix till just combined.
2. In a clean bowl, beat egg whites with 40g sugar and cream of tartar till stiff.
3. Fold in 1/3 of egg whites into yolk batter, mix well and then pour into 2/3 of egg whites and fold in gently.
4. Bake in preheated oven 180 degree celcious for 45- 60 minutes.
1. Just use hand to whisk up step (1).
2. Please adjust the temperature of oven.
3. Bake immediately after step (3).