Thursday, 3 July 2008
Chiffon cake is so nice, not so 'fat' as normal cake, not so dry as sponge cake. It is really nice even just simply eating like that. I likes to bake it for my kids when I'm free. You can bake it too!
(a)4 egg yolks
some vanilla essence/extract/vanilin
a pinch of salt
(b)120g cake flour
3g baking powder
(c)4 egg whites
2g cream of tartar
1. Sift (b) for 3 times.
2. whisk egg yolks with sugar using hand till dissolved. Add in oil and vanilla essence, mix well. Finally, fold in the sifted flour gently.
3. In another clean, dry bowl. Using electric mixer, beat egg whites with cream of tartar, add in sugar in 3 times and beat till stiff stage.
4. Fold in 1/3 of egg whites into yolk batter, mix well. Pour it into the rest of egg whites and folf in gently.
5. Bake in preheat oven 175 degree celcious for 35 minutes or till done. Invert immediately after out of oven.
6. Decorate the cake as you wish after the cake is completely cooled.
1. Don't overbeat yolk batter, just till sugar is dissolved.
2. Make sure eggs are fresh and beat the egg whites in a very clean dry bowl till stiff.
3. If you don't have cream of tartar, just replace it with vinegar or lemon juice.