It is easy to do it too and it is very healthy snack if compare with other cakes.
Source: Seadragon, Hanieliza
1tsp vanilla extract
150g flour, sifted
150ml fizzy soft drink (7-up, sprite, cram soda)
1. Prepare steamer and arrange teacups/muffin moulds into the steamer, heat it over high heat till rapid boiling water.
2. Beat eggs till foamy, add in sugar and continue beating till pale yellow creamy, fluffy. Add in vanilla extract and mix well.
3. Sift in 1/3 flour into batter and fold in, add 1/3 0f 7-up and fold in. Repeat this step twice till finshing flour and 7-up.
4. Pour into muffin moulds or teacups and steam over rapid boiling water for 15 - 20 minutes.
1. Steam your cake only over rapid boiling water.
2. You can add in colouring for prettier cupcakes. You can have a look at here http://cafeoftheeast.blogspot.com/2007/06/apam-cantik-manis-steamed-soft-drink.html