My house still have a lots overripe bananas, nobody want to eat it. I don't like to wasting food, and I get an idea to make banana cake. But, this time I make banana chiffon cake which taste lighter, fluffy......and it is healthier. My kids love it.
Source: Eupho Cafe
150g mashed bananas
2 eggs (about 130g included egg shells)
140g cake flour
11/4 tsp baking powder
1. Mashed bananas to puree. Sift flour with baking powder for 3 times. Preheat oven for 160 degree celcius.
2. Seperated egg yolks and egg whites in differents bowl. Beat egg yolk with 4og sugar till pale, creamy and fluffy, then add in oil, milk and mashed bananas. Mix well, and now add in sifted flour and mix gently with a spatula but not overmix it.
3. Beat egg whites with 1tsp vinegar till a bit tiny bubbles,add in sugar(a bit a time for 3 times) and beat it till stiff.
4. Pour in 1/3 egg whites mixtures into the egg yolks batter,mix well. Then pour it into the rest of egg whites mixtures.
5. Bake immediately under preheat oven for 40 minutes.
6. Remove cake and invert the mould immediately. Leave to cool completely.
1. Use only very ripe bananas, this recipes is very moist, I suggest reduce milk to 40ml in stead of 60ml.
2. Egg should be fresh and all ingredients should be in room temperature.
3. I use vegetable oil but not butter or magarine cause it is healthier.
4. Never grease or line it with baking paper when you are baking chiffon cake.