Sunday, 2 December 2007
Orange Tart 香橙撻
My husband bought too much oranges for me, I can't eat it all, beside my kids want to eat egg tarts. And I get this idea---- find orange tart recipe which a bit likes egg tart with a tint of orange flavour. The result is satisfied, everyone like it and happy to taste it. My kids say it is a sunflower tart.
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp lemon juice
3 tsp water
125ml orange juice
40ml lemon juice
1 whole egg
2 egg yolk
2tsp custard powder
1tsp orange zest
1. Sift flour, baking powder and sugar, rub in butter into bread crumbles. Add in yolk, lemon juice and enough water to firm a dough. Don't overmix it!
2. Refrigerated it for 30 minutes with wrapping it with a cling or aluminium foil.
3. Preheat oven 200 degree celcious.
4. Dissolved custard powder with lemon and orange juice, add in sugar, beaten egg and yplks. Cook it over low heat for about 5-8 minutes for thickening.
5.Remove heat, add 1tbsp butter and orange zest, mix well and leave to cool completely.
6. Blind bake the pastry for 10 minutes, remove weight, bake for another 10 minutes. Leave to cool.
7. Preheat oven 180 degree celcious, pour the custard batter into the baked pastry and bake it for 20-25 minutes. Cool before cutting.
1. When you grate the orange zest, make sure don't get the white part or you will get bitter taste.
2. If you have orange essence, may subtitute it for orange zest.
3. Just simply combine the pastry and never mix it throughly or you will get very hard pie crust.