Wednesday, 2 April 2008
Sesame bread in ring shape, finally I made it. Taste good, soft even after days. I make it with basic seet bread dough and shape it in ring and then lastly coated with sesame seeds. I use my kitchen aid to help me knead the dough, so simple and taste so good and no more hand kneading.
Source: Jo's Deli and Bakery, kitchen aids, Koopsman
480g bread flour,
70g castor sugar
20g soya flour
6-7g bread improver (optional)
10g instant yeast
220ml water ( I used milk)
1. Combine all except butter, use hand or mixer to knead it till smooth dough.
2. Add in butter, knead till smooth and shiny and elastic.
3. Place the dough in greased bowl and cover with damp clothes, leave in warm place to rise till double in size.
4. Punch down the dough, divide the dough as wished. Rest 5 minutes and shape it. Cover with damp clothes and let it rise till double size.
5. Brush the tops of the buns with some milk or egg wash (egg and water)
7. Coat the buns with sesame seeds. Bake the buns in a preheated oven at 175 degC for 30 minutes. When done, leave the buns on a wire rack to cool.
1. If you are lazy, buy a packet ready mix white bread and coated it with sesame seeds.