Wednesday 2 April 2008

Steamed tapioca cake ( kuih ubi kukus)



Kuih ubi kayu again?????? Yes, I make it again but this time with steamed version. Everyone just love it. Well, this version is almost same if compare with baked version. The differents is this version is softer and baked version is fragnant with it's crispyness. My kuih is gone less than half hour cause everyone love it.

Source: Little Corner Of mine, My Kitchen Snippets, Seadragon

Ingredients

500 grms of grated tapioca/cassava - squeezed out all the water
1 cup of sugar
4 tbsp of tapioca flour
2 tbsp custard powder (optional)
1 1/4 cups of coconut milk (enough to cover the cassava)
1 few drop of pandan essence or vanilla essence or pandan juice

Methods:

1) Mixed all the ingredients of the bottom layer. Pour into a greased pan and steam for 40 minutes or till done.
2) Cool completely before cutting into it.

Notes:

1. I add some custard powder for yellownish colour effect and also for fragnant. You may omit it.
2. I didn't use pandan paste because I prefer yellow colour than green colour. So, I use pandan juice and you may subtituted it by vanilla essence or pandan essence.
3. My baked version ---- http://fcngoleong.blogspot.com/2007/03/kuih-bingka-ubi.html

No comments: