Monday, 4 May 2009
Cornbread is a sort of quick bread/ common stapel food in US. There are 2 types, Northern US is commonly made by yellow cornmeal/polenta and is sweeter. Southern US might be use white cornmeal/polenta and taste saltier. I still have a big pack of polenta at home - my husband bought wrong goodies. He thought cornflour/starch is same with cornmeal. Funny huh? Never ask a man to buy household. I found this recipe in a famous malaysian chef wan's book. The result is very soft likes muffin, not so sweet and very very fragnant!!!!! Worth to try. And super easy!
Source: Chef Wan
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup rye flour ( I didn't have rye flour, I used flour)
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal/polenta (fine)
3 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter/margarine
1 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup cream corn
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and sieve.
2. In another bowl, combine eggs, sugar, melted butter, evaporated milk and cream corn.
3. Finally fold in the dry ingredients, don't overmix!!!!!!
4. Bake in preheated oven at 205 degree celcious for 20 minutes or until done.
1. You may bake it in muffin tray, taste very nice.
2. Never overmix it or you will have tough one!