Monday 4 May 2009

Hup Toh Sou



Hup Tou Soh is chinese walnut cookies which welcomed by almost everyone at anytime. I hate it when I was a girl but after I emigrated to Netherlands, homesick makes me loves local foods even what I hated before. HAhhhaha.... I found this recipe from kuali.com , taste quite good but next time I will omit the salt!

Source: Amy Beh

Ingredients:
!25g sugar
1 cup oil
50g chopped walnuts
(A)
300g flour
1.5 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp ammonia
1 tsp salt ( I suggest use less)
Yolk - glazing

Methods:

1. Sift (A), add in sugar and walnuts. Combine well and add in oil, knead till smooth dough.
2. Divided 60g each, rounded and slightly flatten, put walnut on top, brush with some yolk.
3. Bake in preheated oven 170 degree celcious for about 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.


Notes:
1. It was too salty for me, I suggest use less salt.

No comments: