When I was a young girl,my mum loves to boiled 'tong sui'糖水 or 甜湯 -sweet soup for us to reduce our body heat and as a dessert. Last week i saw a lots nice and cheap orange colour sweet potatoes which very hard to find at here, i bought it and make tong sui for my lovely family.
Source: Lily Wai Sek Hong, My mom
2-3 Pandan leaves
1. Wash the sweet potatoes throughly, peeled the skin,removed the dots.
2. Cut sweet potatoes into small portions.
3. Knot the pandan leaves, put it into a big soup pan with enough water and sweet potatoes too.
4. Boiled it for half an hour to 2 hours.
5. Add sugar into the soup. Ready to serve.
1. Boiled it over low heat, if water too less,add more water cause it should be likes clear soups.