Friday 2 May 2008

Cassava-Potato Croquettes



Croquettes or known as kroket in dutch is a very common snack that you can find it anywhere, anytime in netherlands. I have cassava in my kitchen and I get an idea and I make my own version---- cassava-potao croquettes. And my kids love it.

Source: My dutch neighbour

Ingredients:

400 g mashed potatoes
200g grated cassava
150ml milk
20 g butter
a pinch of salt
grated nutmeg
1 egg yolk
150-200 g flour
crust:
1 egg, lightly beaten
some breadcrumbs

Methods:

1. Mix all ingredients and shape it as wanted, and put it into refrigerator for half an hour. Dip it with some beaten egg and finally coated with breadcrumbs.
2. Fry it till golden brown. Serve.

Notes:

1. Cook the potatoes first then mashed it.
2. Please adjust the amount of flour to make a firm dough.
3. You may add some filling into the croquettes and shape it into clilinder shape.

No comments: