Friday, 2 May 2008
Croquettes or known as kroket in dutch is a very common snack that you can find it anywhere, anytime in netherlands. I have cassava in my kitchen and I get an idea and I make my own version---- cassava-potao croquettes. And my kids love it.
Source: My dutch neighbour
400 g mashed potatoes
200g grated cassava
20 g butter
a pinch of salt
1 egg yolk
150-200 g flour
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Mix all ingredients and shape it as wanted, and put it into refrigerator for half an hour. Dip it with some beaten egg and finally coated with breadcrumbs.
2. Fry it till golden brown. Serve.
1. Cook the potatoes first then mashed it.
2. Please adjust the amount of flour to make a firm dough.
3. You may add some filling into the croquettes and shape it into clilinder shape.