Tuesday 14 April 2009

Borek - Turkish Style Pasta in the oven - Firinda Makarna






Borek? Yes, a friend of mine is a turkish. She baked this for me, my oldest girl begged me for long time to make this for her. Finally, I bake it for her with the recipe of my friend. It is very easy and worth to try.

Ingredients:

1 package pasta (farfalla)
1 small borek cheese (from turkish supermarket)- break into small pieces
4 eggs
1 package baking powder (about 7g)
1 cup full yogurt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
Some chopped parsley
Some chopped dille
some grated cheese for topping

Methods:

1. Cook the pasta just al dente. Drain and strain under cold running water. Set aside.
2. Combine eggs, yogurt, milk, oil, baking powder, chopped parsley and chopped dille into smooth batter, add in crumble borek cheese and combine well.
3. Pour the cooked pasta into a pyrex dish (glass), and then pour the mixed chesse batter ( step 2) on top and mix it with your hand till combined.
4. Finally sprinkle some grated cheese on top and bake in a preheated oven at 200 degree celcious until the top is golden brown. Serve en enjoy!

Notes:

1. You may use feta cheese if hardly to buy a borek cheese.
2. I used olive oil in this dish, I didn't mention the amount of parsley and dill because everyone taste is different, so according to yourself.
3. I packed it and deep freezed in my freezer and I warm it again in my microwave and it is still taste good.

No comments: