Tuesday, 14 April 2009
Mi Ku Pau
Mi ku pau is a kind of hokkien mantou, you may stuffed it with some lotus paste, or kaya or red bean paste or even nice to eat plain. I always steam it more and for the leftover, I will sliced it, dipped into egg-milk batter and pan-fried it. Or deep-freezed it and steam it again before consume.
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp instant yeast
3 tbsp shortening or oil
1tbsp double action baking powder
1. Combine all ingredient except double baking powder, knead into smooth and strechty dough. Cover it with a damp cloth, let it proof until double bulk.
2. Punch down, sift in double action baking powder and knead into smooth and shiny dough. Cover with cloth and proof for 15 minutes.
3. Shape. Wrap filling if prefered.
4. Steam over high heat for 5-10 minutes. Served.
1. I likes to make it plain, will eat it plain or with some kaya . For the leftover, I pan fry it with some milk-egg batter and enjoy. You may steam it again too.