Thursday, 16 April 2009
Char Siew Puff & BBQ Puff
Char Siew puff is a popular dim sum os chinese snack which you can buy in chinatown or restaurant. I make this puffs with my kids together during sunday morning and served it as tea brunch. It is very delicious and I score a lots of compliment from my neighbours, friend, family or even from school.
Source: Agnes Chang
180g self-raising flour, sifted
10g custard flour, sifted
50g icing suagr, sifted
1 small egg, lighly beaten
2 tbsp oil
4 shallots, diced
300g roasted meat, char siew
1tbsp dark soy sauce
1tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 egg, lightly beaten with salt for glazing
1. Rub butter with flour mixture into crumbs, mix in icing sugar and egg mixture. Mix till pliable dough and rest 30 minutes.
2. Heat oil, sauted shallots till fragnant, slowly add in flour and stock and stir into smooth paste. Add in seasoning and cook untill sauce is thick. Dish up and cool. Chill in the fridge for 3 hours.
3. Roll pastry into 1/2 cm thick and cut into rectangular or sqare shape for about 12 portions.
4. Wrap filling, sealed and glaze.
5. Bake in a preheated oven 180 degree celcious for 25-30 minutes.
1. I Am lazy to wait till the stock become thick sauce, I omit the stock and use chicken stock and some water to prevent burning.
2. You may use ready-use pastry in stead of making your self.
3. I add some white pepper for the filling.