Friday, 3 July 2009
Cheese Sponge Cake 乳酪威风蛋糕
I still have cream cheese in my fridge, kids want chiffon cake and I combinethese two ideas. Finely I found out and adapted this recipe from Baking Mum (she bake great!). It taste awesom, fluffy, soft and moist. I bake it in my new non-stick baking tray, so it didn't rice a lots but it is still nice. Next time will used my chiffon mould to bake it.
Source: Baking Mum
40g cream cheese
65g flour (sifted)
4 egg yolks
4 egg whites
pinch of salt
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven 170˚C.
2. Cook (A) over double-boiler until well blended and thickens. Remove from double-boiler and let it cool down.
3. Add (C) into cooled down cheese mixture and mix until well combined.
4. Fold in (B) and mix until smooth.
5. Beat egg whites until frothy, add cream of tartar and beat till soft peaks. Add salt and sugar and beat till stiff peaks.
6. Fold 1/2 of the egg whites into cheese mixture, gently with a rubber spatula until just blended.
7. Pour cheese mixture (step 6) into the rest of egg whites, fold it gently with rubber spatula until blended.
8. Put batter into a 9-inch chiffon cake pan, bang the pan on a hard surface to release the bubbles and bake for 35 - 40 minutes.
9. When the cake is cooked, invert the cake to cool. Remove the cake from the cake pan when it is completely cool.
1. Have a look at here which baking mum bake so nice!!! http://bakingmum.blogspot.com/2008/10/cheese-chiffon-cake.html
2. Don't used non-stick pan.