Friday, 3 July 2009
Grilled Char Siew 叉烧
Char Siew, or known as barbequed pork, which famous in every corner of the world. Normally, peoples will used belly pork but we are so scared of fatty meat and we always use lean meat likes tenderloin or good quality back ham cause these parts of lean pork are the beast!
Source : Amy Beh
55g preserved soybean paste
55g hoisin sauce
20g fermented bean curd (nam yue)
500ml light soya sauce
250ml dark soya sauce
Red dye (optional)
1.5kg belly pork (remove skin)
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
2. Mix the marinade ingredients.
3. Divide pork belly into five strips (about 300g each). Marinate pork belly strips for about 3 hours. Carefully pierce the marinated pork belly strips vertically with a skewer.
4. Roast pork belly in the oven for 30 minutes, basting the meat with the marinade every ten
1. I used lean meat, so I marinated it longer time.
2. I didn't use so much sugar as I don't likes too sweet.