Friday 3 July 2009

Soy Bean Milk vs Palm sugar Soy Bean Milk 纯豆奶与椰糖豆浆




Soya bean milk is always welcome in our family, weather is too hot. Kids wants some different taste in stead of milk, so I decided to make this soya bean milk by myself as I still have soya bea in my pantry. This time I add some palm sugar in one part of milk, It taste so great --- almost same likes my hometown palm sugar soya bean milk. Worth to try.

Source : Amy Beh

Ingredints:
400g soya beans
1.8 litres water
110g castor sugar
3–4 screwpine leaves (pandan leaves), knotted

Method:
1. Soak soya beans in water overnight. Clean and drain well in a colander. Put the beans with half the amount of water in a food processor. Blend into a watery paste then strain the mixture into a large saucepan. Pour in the remaining water and add the screwpine leaves.
2. Use a ladle to stir the soya bean milk continuously (this is to prevent burning). Cook the soya bean milk over medium heat until it comes to a boil. Remove the screwpine leaves and pour the soya bean milk through a fine strainer. Add in sugar and stir until it dissolves.

Notes:
1. I didn't use all sugar as I plan to make a part of palm sugar flavour.
2. Nice to serve cool or hot.

No comments: