Tuesday, 2 June 2009
Kisir - Turkish Bulgur Salad
Kisir, a famous turkish bulgur wheat salad. It is so delicious, simple, nutritous and light. The first time I ate kisir was 4 years ago during a celebration at my girl's school. A turkish mother did it so nice until I can't forget it. Years later, I have a nice turkish friend, she taught me how to cook it. What surprisly is ---- it is so simple, easy and yet tasty and nutritious! It is worth to share. She is so kind and would likes to share it with everyone. Please adjust the seasoning, she cook it without measurement.
Source : a friend of me
250g fine bulgur wheat
a hand of parsley, chopped
1/2 cucumber, cubed
1-2 tomatoes, cubed
1 onion, diced
2 garlics, diced
1 lemon juice
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp paprika puree (optional, may omit)
1/3 cup olive oil
a hand of mint, chopped
1/2 tsp cumin
salt and pepper to taste
1. Put the bulgur wheat into a deep bowl, pour hot water till same level with bulgur, cover with plate and leave it for 15 minutes. It will turn to double size.
2. Heat pan, sauted the garlic and onion with olive oil till fragnant over medium heat. Pour in tomato puree (also paprika puree if likes hot dish), season with cumin, salt and pepper; saute for another 2 minutes.
3. Pour step (2) into the bulgur wheat and mix throughly. Add in lemon juice and leave cool. Nice to serve with lettuce. Enjoy!!!!!!
1. Make sure the bulgur is not wet! or may not taste so nice.
2. Paprika puree is hot, may omit it and replace with tomato puree.
3. The key to get nice kisir is saute the onion and garlic till very fragnant.