Tuesday 2 June 2009

Mini Cinnamon Rolls



I still have a lots of homemade plum jam in my fridge and also half package of raisin. Thinking how to use them, finally I got an idea. I used it to make a simple version of danish cinnamon rolls.

Source: Alex Goh, some idea of mine.

Ingredients:

1 package of danish dough
Filling:
50g butter
100g sugar
100g chopped walnuts
50g raisins
11/2tbsp cinnamon powder
Some apricot jam (I used my homemade plum jam)

Methods:

1. Mix all the filling ingredients, spread on the danish roll. You may wrap it or just roll it and cut for small size if you prefer minis version.
2. Brush with some egg on top for shiny surface, may omit. Put on a baking paper and bake in preheated oven 190 degree celcious for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Notes:
1. During baking the butter will melted, dont be afraid. After it is done, all the juices become hard-chewy.
2. My neighbours ate all of them within 15 minutes.

2 comments:

Talita said...

How cute these small rolls look! Sounds delish with nuts and cinnamon.

QQ red apple said...

Hi Talita,
Thanks, yes it is nice, I did reduce the amount of sugar because I prefer less sweet. Hahahah.... Glad to know someone likes it too.